With its vibrant royal history regaling the tales of its many great kingdoms, the western Indian desert state of Rajasthan harbors some of the country’s most transportive and alluring sights. From remote sand dunes to Rajasthan desert camel riding, this great Indian desert state offers an array of India travel activities to capture the hearts of visitors around the globe. For those looking for the perfect blend of comfort and relaxation with desert adventure, the Thar Oasis Resort & Camp, a hidden gem we discovered near Jodhpur, provides travelers with everything they need to get the most out of their Rajasthan desert journey. Our secret oasis providing a unique cultural experience blending excitement and luxury, the Thar Oasis Resort & Camp makes for the perfect base for those seeking the ultimate Great Indian Desert experience.
- 1 Thar Oasis Resort & Camp: Seclusion in the Rajasthan Desert
- 2 Royal Indian Wedding at Thar Oasis Resort
- 3 Best Rajasthan Hotel Desert Camp
- 4 Romantic Firelight Dinner on the Sand
- 5 Desert Camel Riding and Jeep Safari
- 6 Resort at the Thar Oasis
- 7 Like this post?
- 8 You Might Also Appreciate…
- 9 Which Rajasthan desert experience entices you most?
Thar Oasis Resort & Camp: Seclusion in the Rajasthan Desert
The Thar Oasis Resort & Camp boasts a perfectly secluded Thar Desert location, in between the blue city of Jodhpur and the golden city of Jaisalmer. Thar Oasis Resort & Camp provides two stellar accommodation choices for those looking for a great Indian desert experience: the resort and the desert camp. Both the Thar Oasis Resort and its nearby desert camp offer guests different ways to enjoy their time in the Thar Desert while at this Rajasthan hotel.
Check out our experience at the Thar Oasis Resort & Camp in the video below!
For an immersive view into our experience staying at the Thar Oasis Resort & Camp, including our desert jeep safari and royal Indian wedding experience, be sure to watch our Youtube video above!
Perfectly capturing the romantic desert magic in the air, the Thar Oasis resort marks a perfect destination wedding spot. In fact, we were incredibly fortunate enough to witness a royal Indian wedding at the Thar Oasis Resort & Camp, and it was a beautiful, wonderful experience that we’ll definitely never forget!
Royal Indian Wedding at Thar Oasis Resort
An incredible spectacle speaking to the true splendor of Indian royalty, the royal Indian wedding we witnessed at the Thar Oasis was every bit as magical as we had ever imagined. Even before the groom rode in on an elephant, we were amazed by the whole extravagant experience, from the guests’ stunning wedding clothes to the beautifully decorated resort.
The sparkling, vibrant saris of the women and the elaborate turbans worn by the men created an endless feast for the eyes. The whole resort was decorated luxuriously and beautifully, with airy pink pavilions immaculately adorned with scores of flower garlands gracing the grounds.
We were lucky enough to be front and center for one of the rituals taking place at the wedding at the Rajasthan hotel. Witnessing the ritual up close, we were carried away with how staggeringly beautiful, elegant, and royal the wedding ceremony was.
It was hard to believe that the splendid scenes taking place before our eyes were real, and not from a Bollywood movie! Enchanted by the beautiful atmosphere and the vibrant guests, as well as the elegant bride and regal groom, our memories of the royal Indian wedding in Rajasthan are a highlight of our stay at the Thar Oasis.
The Thar Oasis Resort & Camp is well-equipped to handle a massive event such as a royal Indian wedding. With its beautifully manicured and spacious grounds, this Rajasthan hotel is among the best hotels in Jodhpur area for the opulence and elegance of a royal Indian wedding.
Best Rajasthan Hotel Desert Camp
Beyond our immaculate royal Indian wedding experience, the Thar Oasis also made us also fall in love with the Indian desert itself. In fact, most of our time at the Thar Oasis Resort & Camp was spent at the lovely and romantic Thar Oasis Desert Camp. Boasting luxurious Swiss tents for a comfortable desert glamping experience, the Thar Oasis desert camp is a hidden gem evocative of the great Indian desert experience we had been looking for.
The desert camp also hosts an evening cultural musical show and dance showcasing the talents of a local desert dwelling troupe. You will fully appreciate the beauty of the Rajasthan desert here while enjoying the peace and quiet under the stars.
Another spectacular highlight of our stay at the Thar Oasis desert camp was taking in the glow of glorious Rajasthan desert sunsets. In fact, the camp bathed in the glow of the setting sun is one of the most beautiful sights we witnessed in the Thar Desert location, one we’ll never forget.
Even better, the Thar Oasis Desert Camp provides the experience of a Jaisalmer desert camp without the long distances and driving involved, as the camp is conveniently located only an hour away from Jodhpur.
Romantic Firelight Dinner on the Sand
If you’re looking for a romantic getaway Rajasthan hotel, you’ll find it here at the Thar Desert Camp. The Thar Oasis desert camp offers couples the spectacular experience of dining in the glow of torchlight on the moonlit sand.
If you choose to stay at the Thar Oasis desert camp, we highly recommend the candlelight dinner experience! Just you and your significant other beneath the desert stars, basking in the flicker of candles and torches, the warmth of the sand comforting your toes—it’s a unique romantic experience you’ll love sharing with your special someone.
Desert Camel Riding and Jeep Safari
Beyond the magical beauty of the desert setting, the Thar Oasis takes advantage of the glorious Thar desert location by offering exciting activities, including Indian camel riding, local Rajasthan desert village walks, and desert jeep safaris for its guests.
We went on a jeep safari during our stay at the Thar Oasis desert camp, and it was one of our favorite activities from our time at the Rajasthan hotel. The jeep safari took us up and down many sand dunes for an exciting, hair-raising ride.
I’ll never forget the thrill of standing up, holding the rails of the jeep as we crested the top of the dunes. The jeep safari is also a wonderful opportunity to view the wildlife of the Thar Desert as you whiz by over the sand.
Resort at the Thar Oasis
The Thar Oasis Resort is, as its name suggests, a true Rajasthan hotel oasis in the great Indian desert. This Rajasthan hotel is surrounded by lush green fields that provide privacy and a sense of peacefulness. Blooming flowers contrast brilliantly with the starkly beautiful surroundings of the Thar Desert location, and you can always beat the heat at the resort’s swimming pool. The architecture of the Thar Oasis Resort & Camp is reminiscent of the local desert style but elevated and more refined, a seamless blend of traditional and modern comfort.
A stay at the Thar Oasis Resort is not complete without dining at its fantastic restaurant, with its extensive Indian and Western offerings. One of our favorites was a dish of tandoor-roasted paneer with a delectable mint sauce: without a doubt definitely one of our favorite things we ate in India!
The Thar Oasis Resort & Camp provides guests with everything they seek in their great Indian desert experience. The secluded Thar Desert location of the resort and camp are a prime launching pad for adventures in the desert, whether it’s Indian camel riding, a desert jeep safari, or maybe even for hosting your own wedding if you’re lucky enough. For those looking for a touch of romance to their desert adventures, this Rajasthan hotel brings it all to the table to ensure its guests enjoy their time in the desert. The Thar Oasis Resort & Camp features the best of both worlds: it’s secluded enough from the hustle and bustle of the world but easily accessible enough to maximize time spent enjoying your stay. We’re happy to say that the Thar Oasis is amongst the best hotels in Jodhpur area for the Rajasthan desert experience!
Disclosure: This post is a collaboration with the Thar Oasis Resort & Camp, but as always, all opinions are very much our own!
Like this post?
Share it on Pinterest by hovering over one of the pictures below and clicking the red “Pin It” button!
You Might Also Appreciate…
More Asia Posts
- Sofitel Luang Prabang Laos: The Best in Luxury Luang Prabang Hotels
- Four Seasons Kyoto: The Ultimate New Luxury Hotel in Japan
- Taking a Sushi Making Class in Japan: A Tokyo Travel Guide
- Kyoto Kimono Rental in Japan (or Japanese Yukata in the Summer!)
- How to Rent Korean Hanbok in Seoul (The Traditional Korean Dress)
- Maiko Kyoto Makeover: How to Arrange a Japanese Geisha Makeup (or Samurai Costume) Photoshoot in Japan
- Shibuya Tokyo Food Tour with Arigato: A Japan Travel Guide
- Climbing Sunrise Peak (Seongsan Ilchulbong): An Icon of Jeju Island, Korea
- Craft Beer on Jeju Island, South Korea: Inside the Brewery Tour at Magpie Brewing Co.
- Sagye Beach, South Korea: Best Beach in Jeju Island for a Mt. Sanbangsan View
- At the Foot of Sunrise Peak: Yellow Submarine Guesthouse on Jeju Island
- Spring in Korea: 2 Korean Cherry Blossom Sites in Jeju City
- The Fun (& Wet?) Side of Teaching English Abroad
- O’Sulloc Tea Museum and Green Tea Fields: Jeju Island, South Korea
- Hallasan Mountain: The Ultimate Guide to Hiking South Korea’s Tallest Mountain
- Sand, Sea, and Jeju-Si: Iho Beach on Jeju Island, South Korea
- (Shark?!) for the Soul: Willala Fish and Chips on Jeju Island
- The Jeju Island Winter That Shut Down the “Hawaii of Korea”
- The Zesty Truth of Jeju Tangerine Picking: Jeju Island, South Korea
- Essential Cameras for Every Traveler
- What I’ve Learned from Traveling to 25 Countries
- Travel Hack: Do a Cheap Flight Search Like a Pro
- Best Travel Drone Bag: Backpacking with a DJI Phantom
- Anatomie: The Best Travel Outfits for Long Flights and an On-the-Go Lifestyle
- Survivor Filter Pro Review: How to Purify Water Anywhere in the World
- International Pet Travel Tips: Your Guide to Taking Pets Abroad
Which Rajasthan desert experience entices you most?
Tell us in a comment below!