So in our expertise, we just called it: this South Korea autumn, literally, just won at life. It may just be better than Spring in Korea! Be it the scent of warm sugary cinnamon stuffed pancakes (hotteok) that start to fill the air this time of year, the harvest goldmine of apples, tangerines, and persimmons, or the magnificent color story spanning the entire country, a South Korea autumn is like the Kelly Clarkson of the seasonal stage. Yeah dude, we’re talking original American Idol swag. But you don’t have to take our word for it. Let the photos speak for themselves!
The following pictures were taken at Daedunsan Mountain, Nami Island, the Secret Garden at Changdeokgung Palace in Seoul, and in South Korea. For more information about each South Korean fall destination, check out our travel guide for the Top Spots to Enjoy Autumn in Korea!
Here are 30 photos that prove, unequivocally, how badass the South Korea autumn really is.
These were all taken on our DJI Phantom, Canon G7X, and Canon Rebel, but we have since upgraded to the Canon 80D and are in love with it. Make sure to check out our traveling with a drone and essential cameras for every traveler guides for more info.
1. South Korea comes to life in autumn, like here at the Daedunsan Provincial Park
2. Vibrant greens transform into autumn colors
3. Like reds
4. And super reds
5. And SUPER DUPER reds
6. And don’t forget the yellows
7. Like these spectacular gingko biloba trees
8. Or the vibrant orange hues
9. Like here at Daedunsan’s cloud bridge
10. (A perfect photo op, btw)
11. Or its even higher exposed staircase
12. And if you’re lazy, you can take the scenic cable car
13. After all, the South Korea autumn leaves look just as magnificent from the sky
14. As they do on the ground
15. Or on the tree
16. (Or many trees)
17. And in a South Korea autumn, Seoul’s palaces explode in color
18.With colors popping against the palace architecture
19. You could just get lost in the autumn beauty
20. Or find someone else to get lost with
21. To feel that warm South Korea autumn sunlight
22. Beneath a clear blue fall sky
23. Wandering though some eulalia grass fields
24. Or framed by some shockingly yellow trees
25. You could discover the beautiful traditional architecture at Changdeokgung Palace
26. With its Secret Garden
27. Holding an impressive 26,000+ trees
28. Some with leaves bigger than your face
29. Others perfect for twirling around
30. And the rest that just plain win at life
This South Korea autumn is kicking butt and taking names. With sassy “look-at-me!” colors spread across its magnificent body, South Korea has proven itself a champ on the autumn stage. Truly, the splendor of the South Korea autumn rivals that of its Korean cherry blossom spring and its record-breaking Jeju Island winter last year. But there’s more: the South Korean autumn even rivals its sizzlin’ summers that makes gems like the Hidden Beach of Jeju Island just so damn sexy. Feast your eyes on the spectacularly saturated landscapes, gorge yourself on hot toasty drinks and sweet treats, spread some kisses, and kick some ass with the season. If you’re looking for some life-winning seasonal amazingness, look no further than the South Korea autumn. And remember, we’re experts so we freaking know.
Like this post?
Share it on Pinterest by hovering over one of the pictures below and clicking the red “Pin It” button!
You Might Also Appreciate…
More Autumn Favorites
- Romantic Spots to Enjoy Autumn in Korea: A Couples Travel Guide
- Top Autumn Travel Destinations, According to Travel Bloggers
- Gothic Prague Sights: from Prague Old Town to the St. Vitus Cathedral
- LA’s Best Halloween Festival: Finding Our Inner West Hollywood Halloween Queen
- The Bone Church of Sedlec Ossuary, Czech Republic: A Scary Places Travel Guide
- A Girl’s Guide to Oktoberfest in Munich, Germany
More South Korea Posts
- Spring in Korea: 40 Photos to Convince You It’s the Best Time to Visit South Korea
- Spring Things to Do in Jeju Island, Korea (From Korean Cherry Blossom Trees to Canola Fields!)
- Craft Beer on Jeju Island, South Korea: Inside the Brewery Tour at Magpie Brewing Co.
- Sagye Beach, South Korea: Best Beach in Jeju Island for a Mt. Sanbangsan View
- Daedunsan Mountain & the Cloud Bridge: A South Korea Fall Colors Guide
- O’Sulloc Tea Museum and Green Tea Fields: Jeju Island, South Korea
- Hallasan Mountain: The Ultimate Guide to Hiking South Korea’s Tallest Mountain
- Sand, Sea, and Jeju-si: Iho Beach on Jeju Island, South Korea
- (Shark?!) For the Soul: Willala Fish and Chips on Jeju Island
- At the Foot of Sunrise Peak: Yellow Submarine Guesthouse on Jeju Island
- The Jeju Island Winter That Shut Down the “Hawaii of Korea”
- Sapa Trek with the Hill-Tribes in Vietnam: 10 Things You WON’T Expect
- 5 Memorable Things to Do in Beijing for Chinese New Year
- Safari at Yala National Park, Sri Lanka
- Elephant Trash Dump in Dambulla, Sri Lanka
- How to Spend a Day in Kandy, Sri Lanka
- Mind-Blowing New Year’s Eve Sri Lanka Party in Mirissa Beach
- Instagram-Worthy Reasons to Visit Italy
- The Time We Had Machu Picchu (Almost) To Ourselves
- Mirissa, Sri Lanka: The Secret Beach (A Hidden Gem!)
- Why I Miss Los Angeles (Because It’s F***ing Awesome)
- Gothic Prague Sights: From Prague Old Town to the St. Vitus Cathedral
- A Guide to Sapa Trekking and Hill-Tribe Homestay (Without Sapa Tours)
- Sigiriya: Climbing Sri Lanka’s Lion Rock
- Essential Cameras for Every Traveler
- What I’ve Learned from Traveling to 25 Countries
- Travel Hack: Do a Cheap Flight Search Like a Pro
- Best Travel Drone Bag: Backpacking with a DJI Phantom
Know something that could rival a South Korea autumn?
Let us know in a comment below!